To create a vibrant and sustainable ranch where we lovingly breed, care for and sell quality alpacas, educate and support our customers, and produce and sell “Made in America” Alpaca products. We strive to bring the American-bred Alpaca and USA fleece goods to a level of quality, reputation and distinction that surpasses the overseas market by not only breeding with excellence, but providing the support and education that will enable others to do the same, thus ensuring the viability of Alpaca ranchers for generations to come.
Sierra Rose Alpacas serves as the bridge for future generations to experience the wonders, enrichment and mutual respect that animals and humans give to each other.
Sierra Rose Alpacas will do this by:
- Utilizing science-based programs of husbandry and breeding to ensure consistency and quality of fiber and healthy Alpacas
- Treating our alpacas with respect, dignity and loving care; incorporating the principles of Marti McGee Bennett’s Camelidynamics and our own empathic methodologies for herd handling and ranch management
- Supporting the Alpaca Industry by registering our Alpacas, keeping ourselves well informed on latest research and participating in industry education and events
- Providing excellent customer service to our customers and potential customers; being available for pre- and post – sale consultations
- Developing and presenting educational classes and workshops and bringing recognized experts to our Ranch to teach state-of-the art techniques and methodologies to Alpaca owners
- Bringing passion, purpose and integrity to every person with whom we do business
- Giving back to the community by participating in local events, educating the public on the value of Alpacas, and supporting programs such as Future Farmers of America, 4-H and animal assisted therapy
- Providing win-win internship opportunities with ROP students by offering real training and valuable work experience in working with Alpacas
- Creating strategic partnerships with fiber artists, knitters, weavers to promote local fleece and fiber products
- Selling only “Made in America” products, including our beautiful Alpacas
- Respecting each others’ talents and strengths, while working in collaboration to create a harmonious and life giving ranch
Our Ranch Values: In making decisions and making choices, we will honor these values first.
We do the right thing- honoring our animals, the earth and people.
We keep our promises.
Made in America
We believe it is important to keep jobs, skills, resources and talents in the USA.
Holistic/Deep Connection to Animals
We believe that animals and humans enrich each others’ lives
We believe nature can assist in bringing us back to our authentic selves.
We believe in living the dream!